Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) is a State Plan Scheme of special additional Central Assistance launched by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmer Welfare, Government of India and National Development Council (NDC).
1. To incentivize the states so as to increase public investment in Agriculture and allied sectors.
2. To provide flexibility and autonomy to states in the process of planning and executing Agriculture and allied sector schemes.
3. To ensure the preparation of agriculture plans for the districts and the states based on agro-climatic conditions, availability of technology and natural resources.
4. To ensure that the local needs/crops/priorities are better reflected in the agricultural plans of the states.
5. To achieve the goal of reducing the yield gaps in important crops, through focused interventions.
6. To maximize returns to the farmers in Agriculture and allied sectors.
7. To bring about quantifiable changes in the production and productivity of various components of Agriculture and allied sectors by addressing them in a holistic manner.